- Newport, Wales.
- Professional Snooker Referee, Referees’ Assessor and Tournament Director.
- Paul was appointed to the World Billiards Board of Directors in August ’20. Read more on that here.
- Paul has been a professional referee on the World Snooker Tour since 1992. In 2004 he took charge of the World Snooker Championship final between Ronnie O’Sullivan and Graeme Dott, where he also became the youngest referee to take charge of a World Championship final. He refereed his second World final in 2016.
- He played an integral role in the two-year process which saw the most significant rules update across Snooker and English Billiards in recent years, culminating in the launch of the new Rulebook in August 2019.
- As well as Snooker, Paul has English Billiards and 9-Ball Pool refereeing experience, having previously presided over the final stages of the official World Professional Championship in both sports.
- Paul was a keen amateur Billiards player in his local Chepstow and Forest of Dean League in the early 1990s and boasts century breaks in practice at both Snooker and Billiards.
You can contact Paul via email here.