The World Billiards Coaching Scheme is approved and supported by the WPBSA and is managed by our Head of Coaching Martin Goodwill and lead coach Phillip Welham.
Our long term goal is to create a network of qualified coaches around the world to grow participation in the sport and mentor the next generation of Billiards champions.
Whether it is helping young players dreaming of becoming the next World Champion, or those who want to play recreationally and simply enjoy the game, there is a key role to be played by accredited coaches across the world. Coaches also play an important role in promoting Billiards and encouraging new players to take up the sport.
Courses usually take place over two days and are designed to equip candidates with the requisite skills to deliver effective, responsive and rewarding coaching. This includes full child protection and safeguarding training delivered by WPBSA representative Chris Motley. The successful candidates will become official WPBSA Billiards Coaches.
The courses include:
- DBS check
- Child protection/safeguarding training
- Billiards coaching techniques
- How to market yourself & set up coaching programmes
- Practical & written examinations
- WPBSA Rules of Billiards & Snooker handbook
- World Billiards Coach polo shirt*
- Coaching certificate*
- WPBSA/World Billiards coaching ID card*
- Free access to future WPBSA coaching seminars*
* Successful candidates only.
See our Courses page for details of previous and upcoming coaching courses.
To find your nearest Billiards coach, visit the Coach Finder on the WPBSA website where you can search for Billiards coaches under the various licenses held.